Sunday 15 April 2018

Wrap Up - March 2018

It's still an acceptable point in the month to post last month's wrap up right?? Ah well, better late than never!

March wasn't an excellent month for blogging (let's keep it at that but I basically did nothing) and I'll be honest, balancing finishing degree with blogging, and the fact that I decided to join booktube, is hard. But I'm going to try and keep as active as possible because it's my hobby and I love it, I just keep forgetting that!

Books Read

Total books read: Five
Physical books: Three
Audiobooks: Two

The Diviners by Libba Bray - This audiobook carried over from last month, overall I enjoyed it and it was pretty spooky! But I'm not desperate to read the next book tbh.

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor - I won't say too much because I know this book is super popular but I really didn't enjoy it much at all. The plot seemed pretty slow and I just didn't care - soz.

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard - I read this for fun because I wanted something different. It wasn't the best thing I've ever read but it was all I expected and I enjoyed it.

A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison - Reread/listen to the audiobook, I loved it and laughed a lot. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm so thankful for Louise Rennison's books because they're the first YA I ever read and they have a special place in my heart!

This Mortal Coil - YES!! Finally a book that want to yell about from the rooftops! I loved this! You can check out my review on BookTube and I have a giveaway on my blog atm (until 20/04/18) so check it out!!

BookTube

As I mentioned above, this month I decided to add BookTube to my commitments because I've wanted to try vlogging for ages and I thought why the heck not!

Please check out my channel and subscribe if you'd like! You can see my first ever video here:


Everyone has been super friendly on BookTube so far so I'm excited to see what's to come!

Events

Wow! I actually went to things in March, I hope you're all proud because I sure as heck am!

As always I hung out with my booky pals at Waterstones Liverpool One YA Book Club and although it was a while ago I'm pretty sure we just ranted about a certain book *coughs and says title* and yelled about how much we loved Love, Simon!

I was super brave and went to Manchester TEENSGate Bloggers meet up for the first time, it was good fun and lovely to meet some more bloggy friends! It was also a big step out of my comfort zone, travelling alone etc and I'm so glad I managed it! We also yelled about how much we loved Love, Simon here too...

Later in the month I got to go to London with my blogging (and general real life) bestie Bella from CheezyfeetBooks to hang out at the trendiest bar that I've ever set foot in for an Evening with Emily Suvada to celebrate her Waterstones Children's Book Prize shortlisting! It was so much fun, and I'll say it again Emily's book This Mortal Coil is amazing and you NEED to read it if you haven't already!


I didn't think much had happened in March but looking back now, it looks like I was mistaken! Thanks for reading, let me know if you've read any of these books! I hope the next month brings you good things!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    I'm so glad you are giving BookTube a shot. It'll be lovely to hopefully get more content from you. How's the trendiest bar ever? I have never actually been to a book event. It sounds like fun, but my anxiety would probably be way too high. Also: I loved the books for Love, Simon, but I don't actually handle movie theaters well so I am waiting for it to come out on DVD. Have you read the book? Did you feel like the characters were portrayed fairly? All I know is that I'll definitely hate Martin.

    ReplyDelete