Wednesday 3 May 2017

TBR - May 2017




Girlhood by Cat Clarke
This was my first ever approved read on NetGalley (woop woop I'm so pleased!!), it's published on the 4th of May and I'm hoping I'll be able to whizz through it and get a review done asap (I'm cheating a bit as I've already started as I write this but I started it in May and I'm late on this post so it counts right?!). Anyway it sounds super duper promising and the first chapter hooked me it so fast so let's see what happens (and look out for a review!).

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Do I even need to say why I want to read this? I've been excited about it for months and I haven't bought it yet but hopefully I'll get my hands on it so soon. I know it won't let me down because everyone says its phenomenal!

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
As ACOWAR came out yesterday it seems like a good time for me to start catching up! I loved ACOTAR but there were a few bits that left me feeling a bit "?????" but I think they get sorted out so hopefully I'll enjoy it a lot!

A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
Again, I'm late to this one, but having heard such good things about this, and having loved Beautiful Broken Things I'm sure this won't disappoint. It sounds like a really interesting concept and having started to learn sign language at the beginning of this year reading a book with a deaf MC sounds like good fun!

Countless by Karen Gregory
I'm so intrigued by what this book will be like. It sounds like it may be a difficult read because it's got a lot of intense stuff in it (judging from the synopsis!). If its done well I think it could be really important and I'm hoping that I'll love it. I haven't read many books that look at eating disorders and I think it may be a difficult thing to do well but Countless sounds as though it has a lot of potential.





What are you planning to read this month? Any of these? Happy reading whatever you pick up!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete