Thursday 7 April 2016

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Rating : 10/10
The Night CircusThe simple way to put it is that this book is ART. Honestly, it is one of the best, most beautifully written novels I have read in a long, long time. I had heard so many good things about The Night Circus from so many different people and it is safe to say that I was by no means disappointed!
It has everything you would ever want from a fantasy novel and the way in which it jumps between characters, times and locations in each chapter whilst still keeping you gripped (and un-confused) is fantastic. This is the kind of book I would recommend even if it's not the sort of thing you usually read, trust me on this one it is 110% worth it.

Put simply, it follows the movements of a circus in the victorian era; Le Cirque des RĂªves is a place of mystery and just a dash of magic. However, the circus has a purpose more complicated than just to provide entertainment to guests. Characters Celia Bowen and Marco Alistair have been bound since childhood to take part in a competition with the circus as their playing field. To begin with the aims of said battle are unclear but as the rules become more evident and the pair grow closer, the true nature of their challenge is revealed. But I shan't tell you any more than that because the mysterious nature of every aspect of the book is what makes it so much fun!

Even though I'm certain you will thoroughly enjoy every page of this novel it isn't until the end, when every piece of the storyline falls gracefully into place, that you'll think "Oh my goodness what the heck that was fabulous I cannot believe!!!!" well, I mean that's the gist of the message I sent to a friend upon finishing it anyway.

Truly, if you're considering reading this fantastic book then don't just take my (and so many others') word for it, read the art for yourself! I could not recommend it more, a wonderful mixture of joy and illusion combined with a dark, twisting plot-line which will have you gripped from the start. An absolutely phenomenal piece of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment