Saturday 1 September 2018

Wrap Up - August 2018

Well, technically I'm sulking and on hiatus from stuff. But I'm drawing myself out of the depths of self pity and weak mental stability to bring you all an update on how little I read in August. I'm hoping by the end of this post I'll feel a little more positive...

Books Read

Total books read: Three

The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth - I was really looking forward to this, and was super happy to get it on NetGalley! But there's a reason I've not uploaded a review of it... I really struggled with it, the flow was off and it kind of seemed that she just mostly got high and kissed people for 500 pages which sadly wasn't enough plot for me :/ this is largely the reason for such a weak number of books read this month and I'm very sad about it...
Lumberjanes vol. 1 & 2 by Noelle Stevenson et al - Seeing as I was struggling I asked for some recommendations of graphic novels because I felt that would be something different to at least keep me reading. I immediately ordered all the recs I could from the library and these two I've managed to read so far! I've really enjoyed them, they're super cute and fun and I'm really excited to read more volumes!!

BookTube

One thing I did do this month was upload two videos! The first was a YALC Book Haul and the second a fun Rapid Fire Book Tag, I really love making videos and find it very calming to concentrate on all the editing, but I don't really get any views on anything and I don't know how to see growth so I don't know that I'll keep it up, but I'll try!

Please check out my channel and subscribe if you'd like!

Events

I can't really remember, but I'm pretty sure at the beginning of this month I tried the Waterstones Ipswich YA book club for the first time which was nice! Hopefully I can go again soon as I love spending time with bookish people.

Other

This month started off with high hopes, I set myself a goal of uploading 10 times in the month and I didn't meet it. I also wanted to get a job which also was unsuccessful. I'm struggling a lot, fatigue is bad particularly. But I've managed to go to two folk festivals (one of which I volunteered at which was great!) and they were really fun. Just hoping I can pull myself out of the mess I'm getting myself into because I'll be honest, it's hard!


Not a great book month, but a good one for folk music! Hopefully next month brings me better mental health and more motivation. As always, thank you for reading and for your patience with me as I moan and struggle! Stay safe friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment